- woke at a glorious 5.30 am today and went to 普觉寺 and 净名佛学社 to pay respects to ancestors with family. it’s qing ming. i dont feel tired at all. must be all the unused energy saved from idling for the past few days.
- trying to translate stuff at snail speed. trying to do anything without faith or conviction is pretty pointless, i realise. i am increasingly cynical of some things and people and it’s quite unsettling.
- i predict a slew of whining posts to appear here in the next 2 weeks or so. got a crappy philosophy essay to write and i hope to die.
- the new wordpress platform kind of sucks. i only managed to embed a video after 524 tries.
- the shows on TV nowadays are nice! i mourn the passing of 一房半厅一水缸！ it’s one of the nicest drama serials Mediacorp has produced in what, 10 years? the last show that i faithfully followed was shuang tian zhi zun 2! there is hope yet for local drama! it’s the ONLY drama (apart from shuang tian zhi zun and chu lu) in Singapore TV history that deserves a sequel, having captured the hearts of so many with its witty one-liners and dead-accurate portrayal of everyday Singaporeans. if Mediacorp can churn out more shows like this, i might just stop my boycott against local drama serials.
- This is what the audience wants! wake up, mediacorp! No more auntie catfights like in 同心圆! watching it for 5 seconds felt like i had poison forced down my throat. I wish I cld name more of those nonsensical shows, but the mere memory of them is just too hard to bear.
- i love ah wang xin zhuan and the korean show about the materialistic spinster and handsome golfer.
- anyways, mediacorp ought to be fined, stoned and shamed in public for telecasting irrelevant period dramas or 古装剧 on both channels U and 8 on weekend primetime! it’s outright television blasphemy!
- i wish i could go on, but dinner beckons.