In life, there are always some things that you love doing and some that you would rather eat a sock than do. And I get such a kick from successfully doing things that I hate! Victory is mine! My moments of glory deserve more than a passing mention.
I shall list down my (ever increasing) aversions and triumphantly strike them off as I overcome these demons. COME LA, COME! I am ever-ready for a good fight!
- cold-call volunteers for 水陆法会
- cold-call clients to remind them of counselling appointments
- cold-call Buddhist youth groups (Is there anyone on this Earth who enjoys cold-calling?!)
- not feel disgust when people pile me up with work, thinking that they are the only dish on my plate and that I am obliged to do their work. I know I’ll get lots of bad karma just by thinking this, but I really should start charging them for my services. (EDIT: OMG how 邪门is this, after posting this entry I saw this quote on my daily feed:
Louisa May Alcott
Money is a needful and precious thing—and, when well used, a noble thing—but I never want you to think it is the first or only prize to strive for.Hmm… food for thought. Maybe I am really 财迷心窍。:(
- Build rapport with senior volunteers (most are really cute and lovable. most.)
- not flare up at ignorant, wishy washy, 没见过世面，ngiao-yet-won’t-admit, time-wasting person (unless rolling my eyes at the LCD monitor incessantly and cursing under my breath – incessantly, too – counts)
- not bitch about her to others (unless this counts)
- not bitch about over-dependent, buay zidong people with no initiative (omg unless this counts, too! What a good way to bitch yet appear that I’m just “overcoming my aversions”! These people remain anonymous, anyway. Should I blame my own over-independence? Why do I feel like I’m looking after a bunch of helpless kids?)
- get butt down to SPLAT!‘s Website Revamp
- Not cringe when I see people whom I can’t stand
I’ve got a few more battles to fight but let’s just revel in my impressive victories for now!