from Reverend Heng Sure’s Dharma talk last night “Healing our Minds: Buddhism and Stress”
- (On social engagement) This is the time when doing nothing is doing something.
- Suffering (or stress) is reality, not pessimism.
- (Buddhist) Precepts are an ethical commitment that gives you clarity on secular issues.
- Religion should make kids think about things they’ve never thought of before.
- Stress is frozen bodhi. Practice should melt it back into the sea of bodhi. You should enjoy practice.
- A good teacher always gives you things you cannot do.
More about the teacher: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heng_Sure
and the websites he insists for the audience to visit: