Hello, this is a personal blog about my life as a young person living in Singapore, where I was born and bred. I am in my mid-twenties, working as a freelance translator, copywriter, and publicist.
I am a Buddhist, but I do not practice as diligently as I should be. Still learning to keep my mind clear, and curb my attachment and habitual tendencies.
Lastly, a list of things about me to bore you to death:
- I am the greatest enemy of the English grammar.
- It is tragic that hardly anybody appreciates my sense of humour.
- My mum is this close to giving out Boyfriend Bonuses.
- My parents have officially (and very gleefully) inducted the phrases “你的孩子” and “我的孙子” into our domestic vocabulary. Using such phrases on a twenty-friggin-one-year-old everyday will bring unthinkable negative effects on her psyche.
- Love/lust is just a romanticized form of self-torture.
- I hope this is just PMS but I wish I could grab indecisive aimai aimai people by their necks and shake them until they lose their way home.
- Can somebody sweep me off my feet and teleport us to a deserted island, LYK RITE NAO?!
- I am The Greatest Phony The World Has Seen.
- I love the smell of paper bags!
- My house has everything but a cat.
- I love Derek Puppy Teo. I am unable not to.